The class that I had this week was Nutrition Assessment. It was really good because the first day of class also served as an introduction into the program. The class started off with my professor saying, "This is probably going to be one of the easiest classes of your internship"... however 30 minutes later she added, "At the end of the week we will be taking a final composed up of questions from past RD exams which if you don't pass will delay your graduation by 6 months!!" So, every spare minute this last week has been filled with studying and more studying. But, I PASSED!!!
Also, this week helped me realize more how much working in a hospital has prepared me for this internship... even in little things. We had a test on medical abbreviations on Wednesday so on Monday I was studying with some of my classmates and here was one of our conversations...
Nick-"I have a hard one for you...CIB"
me-"Carnation Instant Breakfast"
Nick-"COW"
me-"Cream of Wheat"
Nick-"How do you know these?!"
I guess typing them into the computer 100 times a day was more helpful then I was realizing.
Also, the highlight of this week... Dad came to visit me!!! It's so fun to have people out here it makes me fill a little less secluded from everyone. We went out to eat (Olive Garden...yum!) and he helped me move my new couch into my apartment!! The apartment looks so much better now... though my only furniture right now is the couch, a mattress and a desk that is not put together yet.. Oh well, I love my apartment! Also, the couch has a queen size fold out bed in case anyone else wants to come visit. I'm really glad that dad and Jordan came and carried it for me, it is very big and very heavy.
Congrats, Shell!! And I'm sure your apartment will look so cute--it always does!
ReplyDeleteI am so proud of you for passing that test! You rock my shelly. I love you and good luck,
ReplyDeleteErin