For those of you who don't know, downtown Oklahoma City is called Bricktown and it is very fun. When driving up it looks like your average city but then you get into Bricktown and all of the roads are made out of bricks and there is a cute little canal running through town. The canal is full of ducks and boat tours and is so fun to walk along. Also, downtown OKC is probably the same size as Salt Lake City so it's not as big and intimidating as I thought.
The big colorful theater in this picture is where I went to see Harry Potter at midnight!! I think it's the biggest movie theater I've ever been in.
I'm not really sure why but I am always tempted to call the canal a creek... people around here don't like that too much. Also, I had to steal these pictures off of google because I still can't find my camera cord.
I guess Oklahoma City is in the middle of this big project trying to make it a fun place to visit so there are lots of murals, statues and fountains. In front of the theater there is a large fountain with an open social area where they have different musicians and performers each night (or maybe they just come Thursday nights I'm not really sure).



That is a cute place! I didn't think Oklahoma City would actually be cute. I had in my head that it looked like....Laramie.
ReplyDeleteNow I am completely pepped to come.
Reserve that couch for us!